Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
FIG & OLIVE’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
At FIG & OLIVE we believe in our people, and in return, we work to be a company our people can believe in. By taking the time to listen and discover where we can do better, and hold ourselves more accountable, we aim to bridge the gap between words and actions. With our collective commitment to progress, and our guiding pillars of Celebrate, Educate, and Opportunity, we look forward to continuing to foster a culture where everyone is heard.
Everyone’s perspective is valuable, and we invite you to share your feedback here.
Our people make FIG & OLIVE everything it is today. We believe the unique story each individual has and the perspective they bring to the table, is the reason we have had over a decade of success.
- In early 2021 we established our DEI committee to focus initiatives that celebrate the accomplishments of our diverse employee pool.
- Leading thoughtful conversations in our restaurants so employees understand this is an environment where they can be heard.
Our DEI efforts are an ongoing journey, through continuing to listen and educate ourselves we will continue to implement thoughtful actions.
- Use of pronouns and training for all managers on proper usage
- Ongoing training for all Managers on how to create and foster a supportive, safe and inclusive work environment.
- Annual anti-racism and unconscious bias training.
- We conduct a quarterly comprehensive wage analysis to ensure equity by wage, race, gender and ethnicity.
- Conducting exit interviews so employees can share their experience and act on their feedback.
From best practices in recruiting to ongoing career development and education resources, we aim to create opportunities for all our team members.
- Implementation of recruiting best practices from industry DEI leaders to reach and ensure a diverse candidate pool
- New Hire orientation on the first day to ensure all team members understand core values, open door policy and our culture with an emphasis mutual respect.
- Extensive new hire training and mentor program to ensure all employees are set up for success.
- Ongoing employee trainings and development plans to ensure anyone who wants to grow can.
In addition to supporting our team, we also believe we need to do our part to have an impact within our communities by partnering with and supporting organizations that work to support and provide resources to underserved communities
What is Diversity, Equity & Inclusion?
DIVERSITY is the range of human differences, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, social class, physical ability or attributes, religious or ethical values system, national origin, and political beliefs.
EQUITY is the quality of being fair and impartial.
INCLUSION is the practice or policy of providing equal access to opportunities and resources for people who might otherwise be excluded or marginalized, such as those who have physical or mental disabilities and members of other minority groups.